Saturday, January 12, 2013

Swai

I know, it never rains but pours, and 3 blogs in a day is probably something of a record.
But I've just remembered we discovered a new fish.  They were sampling at Wegmans and I went ahead and bought some Swai, in the frozen section near the Salmon and Halibut.
It's a farm-raised fish originally from Vietnam.  It's a white fish similar to tilapia, but in my opinion more mildly flavored than tilapia.
We cooked some up for dinner last night and even my kids loved it.  I just sprinkled the pieces of fish with kosher salt and ground pepper, then a little regular flour.  Then I heated some butter and olive oil (probably equal portions) in the skillet, and cooked the fish gently to make sure I didn't overcook it and dry it out.
It was really nice, and went well with baked potatoes and a big salad.
So, Swai.

No comments:

Post a Comment